Why Money Matters

Rubbing Pennies started as a personal challenge to save $10,000 in one calendar year. As a young couple, we (Ian and Jen) know how important it is to live within your means, avoid acquiring a lot of debt and have a healthy financial cushion to fall on in case of emergency. On April 10, 2010, we set out on the journey of marriage with two steady incomes, a newly purchased home, one vehicle payment, and a very modest savings account. In an effort to beef up our piggy bank, we launched Rubbing Pennies in January 2012. This is our story of how we love the life we live, and how we can afford it.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Healthy Bodies - A Goldmine for Deals on Vitamins and a TON of Other Stuff

   I recently learned about the amazing website, VitaCost. It is a total gold mine for vitamins, health food products, organic body care products and even pet food and supplies. The items they carry are a fraction of the price of general retail. Here's a few examples:

   I wanted to incorporate coconut oil in my diet but can't find the time or patience to include it in my daily meals. So I went on here to see if there's a coconut oil vitamin option and *bam*...softgels! I also recommended this to my dad for my mom because she has Alzheimer's and there's been a surge in research indicated coconut oil can really help stall or even reverse some of the effects of the disease. So now we all take it. $9.29 for 120 gels. This is 2/3 the price of most vitamin stores.

   My mom also takes B12 and I began taking it for an extra dose of energy while I'm fighting the woes of the third trimester and juggling life in general. The best way to ingest B12 is under the tongue. The body absorbs it much quicker and more efficiently. B12 drops are hellaexpensive. But, not on this site. There are drops and also quick dissolve tablets in a variety of dosage amounts but for comparison purposes, 1,000 mcg per dose 4 ml. bottle of drops is $11.50 here vs. $21.99 at other vitamin stores. I'm a gummy vitamin kind of girl so the berry flavored quick dot dissolve tabs are my choice for B12.

   My dad takes CoQ10 for his heart. This vitamin provides energy to large muscles like the heart, which my dad needs to battle Atrial Fibrillation. This vitamin is outrageously expensive. Before we found this site, my dad was paying $45 for 80 capsules, 200mg. We found them on here, 120 capsules for only $22.50. AND this one was free shipping. Read more about that perk below.

   My favorite find was Earth Mama Angel Baby organic herbal products. I LOVE these products but they can be pricey if you order them directly from the site, or even get them at Target. By chance I found them on here and they are 40% off retail price. EMAB brand carries every kind of body care product for expecting and postpartum mamas and for babies. There's even a morning nausea spray and a breastfeeding tea! You can use the products to remedy things other than what's recommended. For example, the C-Mama Healing Salve is also wonderful for any kind of scar, severe rash or burn. The Bottom Balm is not just for diaper rash but also soothing to thrush, itchy bug bites, scrapes, chicken pox, moderate rashes and burns.

I don't know how this site makes money but I know is saves me money!

A couple really cool things about this site:

  • If you sign up (no cost) and place an order, please use my referral link. I get $10 off my next order and SO DO YOU! Then you will get a referral code to share with your friends and get another $10 off for each of you. 
  • If you select the VitaCost brand, many of them are BOGO or BOGO 50% off. There are several brands of almost everything they carry. If the active ingredients are the same, get the deal. 
  • Some items offer FREE SHIPPING. If you have just one of these "free shipping" items in your cart, your entire order receives free shipping. 

GET HEALTHY AND START SAVING!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment