Why Money Matters

Rubbing Pennies started as a personal challenge to save $10,000 in one calendar year. As a young couple, we (Ian and Jen) know how important it is to live within your means, avoid acquiring a lot of debt and have a healthy financial cushion to fall on in case of emergency. On April 10, 2010, we set out on the journey of marriage with two steady incomes, a newly purchased home, one vehicle payment, and a very modest savings account. In an effort to beef up our piggy bank, we launched Rubbing Pennies in January 2012. This is our story of how we love the life we live, and how we can afford it.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Target's New Craze: The FREE Gift Card

   Target is getting highly competitive with other major retailers in the grocery, household products, cleaners and baby supply industry. It is worth it to you to check out their new system! They are featuring free $5-10 gift cards with the purchase of a certain amount of select items. My savings today was more than $50!
   I went in specifically for diapers and hair products. I had coupons for only these things and my stock at home was running low. I had the following coupons
  • $2 off Pamper's (Target Baby Club)
  • 2- $1.50 off Huggies diapers (Sunday paper)
  • $1.50 off Huggies wipes (Target Baby Club)
  • $3 off Huggies diapers (Target Baby Club)
  • $5 off a #Tressemme purchase of $15 or more (Sunday paper)
  • $5 Target gift card for an $15 Tresemme purchase (Sunday paper)
  • $10 off a $40 purchase of items including Tresemme, Cottonelle and Schick (and several other brands) (Sunday paper)
Then, while I was in there, I saw #Huggies diapers advertised "Buy 2 boxes, get a $5 gift card". AND the Tresemme products offered a "Buy any 3 get a $5 gift card." I was buying Huggies and Tresemme anyway!! Another sweet score was the #Pampers diapers had a "Buy 2 boxes get a 504 ct. case of Pampers OR Huggies wipes free". The wipes were valued at $10.99 and they were free and I still used my $1.50 in coupons. So at the end of the day, I bought 4 cases of diapers, 4 giant bottles of shamp/cond, 2 packs of razors, 18 ct. toilet paper, a free case of wipes and saved $50.

P.S. If you are not using the #Cartwheel app for #Target savings, you need to start! Unfortunately today, there were no extra deals for the items I needed, but usually there are several I can use. The single barcode for all your coupons makes checkout a breeze and the savings are in addition to all your hard copy coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment