Why Money Matters

Rubbing Pennies started as a personal challenge to save $10,000 in one calendar year. As a young couple, we (Ian and Jen) know how important it is to live within your means, avoid acquiring a lot of debt and have a healthy financial cushion to fall on in case of emergency. On April 10, 2010, we set out on the journey of marriage with two steady incomes, a newly purchased home, one vehicle payment, and a very modest savings account. In an effort to beef up our piggy bank, we launched Rubbing Pennies in January 2012. This is our story of how we love the life we live, and how we can afford it.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Back on the Wagon

  
I am finally getting back on the blog train after almost a year hiatus. It's easy to fall off the savings wagon because it can be tedious and time consuming to think about saving $.50 here, $3 there. But at the end of the month, it matters. All the dollars and cents matter!
   My new obsession is diaper deals. Those suckers are expensive! If I can find a sale on diapers and use coupons, stand back while I do a happy jig. Check out this awesome trip to Publix where I was able to double stack my coupons on a Pampers sale and saved $77+ JUST ON DIAPERS!
----------------------------------------------------------- >

Diapers are one of those things (like razors) that are worth the money you spend on them. You really want the landing pad responsible for holding in nuclear baby poo and 30+ oz/day of milk and other liquids to be a quality item. I currently buy Pampers (only on sale and w/ coups) because I believe they are tested, tried and true. All other brands have let me down at this point. I have a 5 box stash right now, but when I run low again, I do plan to try the Target brand UP & UP - I've heard good things. We shall see.

Speaking of spending more money than you should every damn time you go there, Target has a Cartwheel app for your phone that allows you to "clip" digital coupons and put them in your cart. Then at checkout, they scan a single barcode that calculates all your coupon savings. This is in addition to in-store sales and other manufacturer coupons you might already have! Get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment